Fahaka Puffer and friends.. yes I said friends!

interlude

So.. my fahaka puffer basically destroys anything it wants to eat.. feeder fish.. crayfish.. snails.. etc..

I bought some bigger feeder goldfish from golds to see if he will move onto bigger feeders. He ate one of them, now there are 2 goldfish living with him about 2 to 3 inches big (fahaka is about 5 to 6 inches) and he doesnt mind them at all. One of them is missing the chin area, but I think its because when he eats crayfish, the 2 goldfish would come in and try to take some bites out of the crayfish.

Today, the fahaka ripped off a claw.. and it looked like straight out of lady and the tramp.. the puffer was munching on one end of the claw and the goldfish on the other. He also waits for the goldfish to finish picking at the crayfish body and then he will start munching on it. The goldfish also picks off floating food stuck to the puffers head .. ahhaha

Who said all fahakas were mean :)

ill try to take some pics. I need to move him into some new diggs soon.

Edited by interlude

Your are looking at a fish that is mostly an unfriendly kinda of guy.

I have heard of someone putting a common plec in the tank to help with the algae, but he was almost the same size if not bigger than the puffer.

I don't know of any friends that a fakaka can have cause they will rip ANYTHING apart!

They even love to eat all snail, even the baseball ones, fresh water clams, all inverts, and any fish!

Wish you luck though, if you do find anything, please post cause I know of some people who are in the same boat as u!!

Your are looking at a fish that is mostly an unfriendly kinda of guy.

I have heard of someone putting a common plec in the tank to help with the algae, but he was almost the same size if not bigger than the puffer.

I don't know of any friends that a fakaka can have cause they will rip ANYTHING apart!

They even love to eat all snail, even the baseball ones, fresh water clams, all inverts, and any fish!

Wish you luck though, if you do find anything, please post cause I know of some people who are in the same boat as u!!

We will see when he/she gets older.. right now everybody at work is calling it a wuss. It gets shy once people come to the tank to watch the feeding. But as of right now.. he likes to share his food with the goldfish.