Transporting long spined black urchin

Trabby

Was just wondering the best way to transport an urchin. he is currently in my biocube and I am passing him onto a larger tank. any ideas?or tips

Very Carefully :P

He will definately fit into either of those, then just drip acclimatation? also i heard that urchins are not supposed to be in contact with air, is that true?

Never heard of them not being able to handle exposure to air. Mine come up to the top of the tank and parts of them are exposed to air, haven't seen any adverse effects from this. Maybe a bit more research into that.

Drip acclimate the urchin and he should be good to go. They are one of my favorite tank critters, except when they are carrying around my frags. :wacko:

He is super cool but he is too big for our tank , and I would like to get into

corals

Never heard of them not being able to handle exposure to air. Mine come up to the top of the tank and parts of them are exposed to air, haven't seen any adverse effects from this. Maybe a bit more research into that.

Drip acclimate the urchin and he should be good to go. They are one of my favorite tank critters, except when they are carrying around my frags. :wacko: