4 REAL?

jewels

It's probably similar to the Carbo Plus unit.

Are they any good?

http://www.oa-marketing.com/carboplus.htm

They are very expensive and you need to replace the block every 2 months or so. You'd be better off just getting a pressurized system for that price.

http://www.bigalsonline.ca/edealinv/servle...&submit.y=0

Thanks for the links Degrassi! This works out to near even math. The consumables last about 2 months for $80, or $40 dollars a month. Original investment plus one block, gets you four months of CO2 for $380.00 or 95 dollars a month.

My pressurized system was $130 plus -I bought the bottle rather than renting. I think its a five pound bottle that goes about two months on a forty dollar fill. So the first $240.00 provided one month of gas and twenty a month thereafter. original investment plus three months of gas =240+(3*20). Three hundred for four months.$75.00/month

This could be argued either way

I enjoyed going to the weld shop and building my unit. I am constantly fiddling with the equipment anyhow; whether it needs it or not.

On the other hand anyone could buy this electric unit drop it in the water and be done with it -simple as pie.

One thing that warrants mention is life expectancy. My Father is using the original oxy/ acetylene regulator he purchased thirty years ago. I could be wrong,,, but no way is that electric unit going to be around in year 2038!

I think I will stick with pressurized. I will be glad I have the gas, the day all those lights I have stuffed under that hood catch on fire, and I have all that CO2 to put it out the flames with :shock:

My math, for my co2 unit/ refills is a bit different thats why I said it was cheaper.

I bought a 10lbs bottle(filled) and milwaukee all in 1 regulator(crappy, I'd buy a different brand if I did it again) for 225$. It costs 30$ to exchange it for a new filled one @ Nature's cornerstore. One refill last me about 6 months. I have this system running about 1-2 bubbles/sec(shuts off at night) on a 58g.

So 225$ provided me with the equipment plus 6 months of co2 and its about 5$/ month to run it now. Definitely cheaper then paying 80$ every 2 months.