Giant PK spawn

fishclubgirl

So in all this snow and cold, there's some good news. My giant PK bettas have babies. I came home last night and she had her own bubblenest and was taking care of some of the fry too. I'm glad they're giants as the fry are easier to see and hopefully hardier. So congrats to them!!!

good job. how big are the fry compared to normal betta fry? all of the betta's that i got on Tuesday are doing great and have colored up nicely, the red copper dragon looks great. and the red butterfly is already building a nest in its small tank. I am cleaning the house trying to find a place to set up some more breeding tanks.

My giants are 3-4" long and came from Thailand. I've never seen them in a LFS here. Am hoping this spawn does okay so there is some in Canada. Fishgear, glad to hear the bettas are doing well. I'll be increasing my breeding efforts in the new year so hopefully I can spawn something other than PKs.

• 1 month later...

I said I'd be working on my breeding attempts in the new year and I've got a spawn that are a couple of days old already. They're copper black dragon HMs and it looks to be a good spawn. After a break of 2 weeks, I'm back to hatching brine shrimp again. The giant PKs(6 weeks old) are well and growing fast. 2 of them are the size of my 4 month old fry. They look like they'll be cambodians so far. Bad news for me, is that I don't have an empty spawn tank until my spawns grow out!!(Hmmm, must look around and see where I can put another tank )Why did I get hooked on breeding fish?

I said I'd be working on my breeding attempts in the new year and I've got a spawn that are a couple of days old already. They're copper black dragon HMs and it looks to be a good spawn. After a break of 2 weeks, I'm back to hatching brine shrimp again. The giant PKs(6 weeks old) are well and growing fast. 2 of them are the size of my 4 month old fry. They look like they'll be cambodians so far. Bad news for me, is that I don't have an empty spawn tank until my spawns grow out!!(Hmmm, must look around and see where I can put another tank )Why did I get hooked on breeding fish?

i know the feeling, i have 3 empty tanks that i am searching for a spot to put them, also i need heaters. if i had heaters they would probably bet setup already!