hopefully the begining of my 110 gallon

dayrude1981

the begining of my 110 gallon products needed and my design

110 gallon up top 75 gallon sump half of the tank will be used for the filter the other half for the fry tank so that when

you remove them from large tank they are still in same water and ph if you have any questions or thought on how to i

mprove please let me know

post-1666-1229302001_thumb.jpg

Edited by dayrude1981

Just wondering what the 2 pumps are for in your sump. If you're going to be pumping from the filter area into the rearing area, then pump from the rearing area into the main tank, you're going to have a hard time keeping them even. You'll either end up pumping too much out of the filter or too much out of the rearing area.

I would have 3 compartments:

1) water flows from the main tank into a filter compartment - just like you have it

2) water flows from filter compartment thru some baffles into the rearing compartment

3) water flows from rearing compartment thru some baffles into a pump compartment

Don't make the pump compartment too small, as this is where you'll experience all of your evaporation from.