Kid's tank build

sharuq1

So the kids got some mollies for Christmas this year and are thrilled about it. They've expressed an interest in saltwater and we'd like to setup a small saltie tank for them. We were going to go tropical fresh, but the kids convinced us otherwise, lol. Hopefully they eat algae too, like some of the mollies I have read about. Then I can give them some of the live rocks that have it for grazing on.

I put them in the overflow of the 120g for now, they are so tiny! We have a 20g I was thinking about setting up with just xenia and mushrooms, a few LR's from the sump and a pc light, heater and maybe throw on the old AC110 fuge with a filter pad and go with regular water changes for filtration. Just need to buy a heater (will have to wait a bit, we are terribly broke at the moment). My daughter will be in charge of the tank maintenance (with supervision, of course). Anything else you think would be good to add, and cheap?

Edited by sharuq1

Sounds like a good idea. I don't think you'll have any problems at all, especially if you have the fuge - you'll probably still be able to get away w. only 2 WCs/mth and just keep 'er topped up.

Christine insisted we post pictures! :smokey:

decembersw066rx1.jpg

decembersw050mr9.jpg

decembersw055vp4.jpg

decembersw057pj6.jpg

Thank you to Lori for the mollies, from Christine & Jacen!! -ham- :wub:

Edited by sharuq1