Blue Cobalt - possible fungus???

Lana Bollers

I am not sure what this is, my guess is a fungus of sorts, currently my electric blue is in my hospital tank, still with pop eye, have now tried melafix and now trying parasite clear.... anyway onto the cobalt... I have attached a couple photos of him, could this be an injury or is my first assumption of it being a fungus more accurate??

We just did a water change, all levels are good, water changes have been done weekly and filter was just cleaned as well.

No other fish have this at all, and he has had this now a few weeks, was hoping it would go away on it's own, but it is not...

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated...

I should mention he is eating and swimming normally I just woke him up to take the photo, his fins are not clamped all behavior appears normal, just has that thing on his side....

post-3515-1230624217_thumb.jpg

post-3515-1230625189_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lana Bollers

No he could not fit behind the heater, I will get him on the melafix, I was hoping it wasn't a fungus, because I had treated all those fish with Parasite Clear, and I think it helps with some fungus'... don't recall....

I know he is going to be a daddy soon, as my blue cobalt female is now holding and I seen him digging like crazy and doing the "dance" around her a couple times, but they were interupted but on the third day of trying to dance they must of succeeded because she is now holding... last time she only held for about ten days so don't think they were fertalized the last time, so hopefully this time they did it right...