Sick Cory?...among other things wrong....

MrsFard

Sounds like bloat and bad water mixed to me....more water changes. As for the bloat you're most likely SOL, its hard to bite that one, before it bites you.

What's the filtration like? What do your plants look like? Need a little bit more info here.

my filter is an aquaclear for a 20-40G.... my plants look pretty good...there is a link to pics of my tank (beofer I re-scaped it a few days ago), on my profile, um.... I check nitrates/ammonia and ph...they aren't abnormal...

When did you last test it? After/before you tested your water? And you didn't mention that you tested for Nitrites, you tested Nitrates. Many possibilities...

yesturday.... i checked it a couple times, and yes, i did test for nitrites..sorry 'bout that... and as far as I'm concerned... there are TOO many possibilities...GRRRR! why can't it just be 'black and white'!? i was kinda hoping it was...

Part of what happens when it comes to fish keeping. Think of yourself as a "mini biologist", cause basically you need to have a little biological knowledge to care for your fish properly. Use google and MFK's search function when it comes to fishy problems, it'll be your best friend.

thats a good thing to acknowledge...funny, I've always been very interested in the inner workings of God's world but, i refused to take biology 'cause i din't want to disect anything. :) I have been googling it but i have yet to get an answer I can put weight on...they all kinda bounce around different possibilities 'cause so many of the illnesses share characteristics and it varies. I guess i will wait and see what the meds I ordered do... what is MKF?

thats a good thing to acknowledge...funny, I've always been very interested in the inner workings of God's world but, i refused to take biology 'cause i din't want to disect anything. I have been googling it but i have yet to get an answer I can put weight on...they all kinda bounce around different possibilities 'cause so many of the illnesses share characteristics and it varies. I guess i will wait and see what the meds I ordered do... what is MKF?

MFK is monster fish keepers, one of the most used fish related websites out there. If you can pinpoint many similarities in your diagnosis, you're probably going to get as close as you can. Unless the symptoms are blatant, many diseases overlap with symptoms, very similar to the human body.