Sick Cory?...among other things wrong....

MrsFard

k, i'm worried about him! :cry: he's the smallest of the three, my largest has this huge gut on him (its literally round) and this one has like nothing. He has been floating at the top of the tank on his side off and on since last night. other than a small belly he looks fine externally. i thought he was dead at first so i went to see and as soon as I opened the lid he took off effortlessly to the bottom. but he's up there again and doesn't look to comfortable. one of my brigette rasboras had major body fungus over night (she's been quarantined with primafix), and i dosed the tank with primafix too. maybe its early signs of that or something simular? oh, and there is some kinda worm thingie -05-:eh: in there (EWWWWW!) its about 0.5 cm long. red nose to a beige body :well: what is it!? and my whiptail catfish is looking significantly pale. oi. I took out the gravel I had in my tank and i added sand over top the flourite... to do this everyone was taken out and I re-arranged everything...could that have started it all?

Edited by violet c

I think if i were you I would treat the entire tank. As for that worm thingy I have no idea what the heck that is... I think if I were you I would complete a huge water change, then add melafix or something along those lines...

I sure hope they all get better for you... nothing worse then feeling helpless in these kinds of situations....

I am knew to aquariums, only been in it now 6months and a few days, so I am sure anything that can go wrong does go wrong with my tanks...LOL... I hate learning this way...

I think if i were you I would treat the entire tank. As for that worm thingy I have no idea what the heck that is... I think if I were you I would complete a huge water change, then add melafix or something along those lines...

I sure hope they all get better for you... nothing worse then feeling helpless in these kinds of situations....

I am knew to aquariums, only been in it now 6months and a few days, so I am sure anything that can go wrong does go wrong with my tanks...LOL... I hate learning this way...

thank you or tanking the time to respond... I will go pick up tea tree oil today (melafix)...

thank you or tanking the time to respond... I will go pick up tea tree oil today (melafix)...

he's dead. :angry: I think its more that the average infection. the fat cory has a lump stomach and my whiptail is still sluggish and pale. I ordered some parasite stuff off of aquabid...hopefully it gets here before anyone else dies.

Sounds like bloat and bad water mixed to me....more water changes. As for the bloat you're most likely SOL, its hard to bite that one, before it bites you.

What's the filtration like? What do your plants look like? Need a little bit more info here.

my filter is an aquaclear for a 20-40G.... my plants look pretty good...there is a link to pics of my tank (beofer I re-scaped it a few days ago), on my profile, um.... I check nitrates/ammonia and ph...they aren't abnormal...

Sounds like bloat and bad water mixed to me....more water changes. As for the bloat you're most likely SOL, its hard to bite that one, before it bites you.

What's the filtration like? What do your plants look like? Need a little bit more info here.

my filter is an aquaclear for a 20-40G.... my plants look pretty good...there is a link to pics of my tank (beofer I re-scaped it a few days ago), on my profile, um.... I check nitrates/ammonia and ph...they aren't abnormal...

When did you last test it? After/before you tested your water? And you didn't mention that you tested for Nitrites, you tested Nitrates. Many possibilities...

When did you last test it? After/before you tested your water? And you didn't mention that you tested for Nitrites, you tested Nitrates. Many possibilities...

yesturday.... i checked it a couple times, and yes, i did test for nitrites..sorry 'bout that... and as far as I'm concerned... there are TOO many possibilities...GRRRR! why can't it just be 'black and white'!? i was kinda hoping it was...

yesturday.... i checked it a couple times, and yes, i did test for nitrites..sorry 'bout that... and as far as I'm concerned... there are TOO many possibilities...GRRRR! why can't it just be 'black and white'!? i was kinda hoping it was...

Part of what happens when it comes to fish keeping. Think of yourself as a "mini biologist", cause basically you need to have a little biological knowledge to care for your fish properly. Use google and MFK's search function when it comes to fishy problems, it'll be your best friend.