torch coral and hammer coal

hard core nova

i have been into saltwater tanks now for a year and a half i have a 150 gal reef and fish and a60 gal fish only tank can someone out there tell me why torch corals and hammers keep dying in my reef tank the all the test i do for reef are telling me everything should be where there supposed to be i love the looks of those corals i have candy corals leathers aninomies flower pots and they are all doing very well please help me with this tks

What all are you testing for?

Should be:

ammonia

nitrite

nitrate (should always be zero, in a tank with hard corals)

calcium

KH

Magnesium

SG

Those are obvious, but it's best to be thorough when giving advice.

What fish are you keeping with them? Corals from that genus are well known for being very tasty.

Do the corals show signs of wasting away, or do patches disappear, unexplained, overnight?

Are they anywhere close to your other corals? LPS always lose in a battle with anemones.

What kind of lighting and water flow do you have? Where are the corals placed?

Do you run carbon regularly? Leathers have active chemical warfare, that could be doing in your hard corals.

What all are you testing for?

Should be:

ammonia

nitrite

nitrate (should always be zero, in a tank with hard corals)

calcium

KH

Magnesium

SG

Those are obvious, but it's best to be thorough when giving advice.

What fish are you keeping with them? Corals from that genus are well known for being very tasty.

Do the corals show signs of wasting away, or do patches disappear, unexplained, overnight?

Are they anywhere close to your other corals? LPS always lose in a battle with anemones.

What kind of lighting and water flow do you have? Where are the corals placed?

Do you run carbon regularly? Leathers have active chemical warfare, that could be doing in your hard corals.

i have tested for all of the above and everything is all good the fish in the tank are 4 clowns 1 lawnmore blenny 1 regal tang 1 fox face 4 blue leg crab 2 blue chromes 1 oriental sweet lips very small the lighting is metal highlite the flow is a medium flow the tank has a 50 gal sump protine skimmer the hammer and torch do look like they are wasting away little by little all the corals do not touch each aother and they all have there own flat spot on the live rock i also have 2 brain coralslike i said its only hammer and toruch corals that dont live for more than 2/3 weeks tks

• 1 month later...