CAS meeting

firestorm

how do you know about this? i checked the cas website and there is no information there.it just says tba. where do i get more info about this jar show? is it plants only? i have a coulple of cool plants but they wont fit into a jar.

this website here seems to be the best place to get updates about cas.

How nice of you to express interest in the jar show! :smokey: Perhaps you would like to become the new CAS Jar Show Coordinator? The person who was originally elected to the position has vanished/quit. Fishclubgirl is trying to get a kind of guerrilla jar show going so that we can at least have something. I don't think there are many rules this time: just bring a plant in a "jar".

As for the website: since we don't have a Program Director, we generally don't have a program to post there. I've been working for a while on getting a real presenter for Monday's meeting (no names), but so far I haven't been given a concrete yes or no answer. Will try to get something firm today.

We are also in need of a Secretary. The Secretary, Jar Show Coordinator, and Program Director positions would let you come to the board meetings and try to make the CAS better. You would obviously be required to commit some time and energy (and hopefully enthusiasm!)

There are many people on the CAS board who have been doing a great job for many years. Unfortunately without all of the positions filled, they're having to play catch-up all the time and are now getting frustrated and burnt out. We need more people! Help! Anyone interested in filling these positions can let fishclubgirl, finaddict, or myself know, or talk to any of the board members at Monday's meeting.

Yes, it's a guerilla jar show!! No, not gorillas but plants in a jar. I'll see the 2 for 1 movie pass, canadian tire money and raise by a 3 dollars off 2 lunch entrees at Red Lobster and 75 cents off arm and hammer whitening toothpaste coupon. T Dawg, am loving the plastic plant idea!!!! Some days I think I do better with those. So bring any plant in a container and win these great prizes!!

Edited by fishclubgirl

Yes, it's a guerilla jar show!! No, not gorillas but plants in a jar. I'll see the 2 for 1 movie pass, canadian tire money and raise by a 3 dollars off 2 lunch entrees at Red Lobster and 75 cents off arm and hammer whitening toothpaste coupon. T Dawg, am loving the plastic plant idea!!!! Some days I think I do better with those. So bring any plant in a container and win these great prizes!!

I think you underestimate the Canadian tire stack. The pile we used on Sunday was $25. I have two piles left, but they are lower demonination. I should charge a quarter to see the stack. Hey new fun raising idea, PT Barnum style sideshow. I'd bring Fred if I thought he would survie the trip, come see the amiazing tailess guppy.

If I don't top up my tanks water soon my 24" plant will need a trim, I could sell a cutting.

Haha

So we can put any plant in a jar? And how is it decided who wins a prize? Do we get to take the plants home after? If so I have a really nice plant that probably won't fit in a jar....it's way too long lol.

May 11th meeting program: PONDS!

Presentation courtesy of Pisces Pet Emporium. So if you missed their pond seminar, you can get all the information at the CAS meeting.

7:30pm

Crescent Heights Community Association

1101 - 2nd St NW, Calgary, AB

May 11th meeting program: PONDS!

Presentation courtesy of Pisces Pet Emporium. So if you missed their pond seminar, you can get all the information at the CAS meeting.

7:30pm

Crescent Heights Community Association

1101 - 2nd St NW, Calgary, AB

Way to go Werner!! Now about the jar show, any plant in a jar, tank, martini glass, etc. will do. Winner decided by applause and there's anothe awesome prize!! One gently worn t-shirt from the M & M BBQ tomorrow to benefit Crohn's and Colitis Foundation(only 2.50 for chips,burger and a drink at an M & M store, that's my other plug). It may be a stunning shade of orange and will only have been worn for a couple of hours!! So bring your plants and show creativity!!

Way to go Werner!! Now about the jar show, any plant in a jar, tank, martini glass, etc. will do. Winner decided by applause and there's anothe awesome prize!! One gently worn t-shirt from the M & M BBQ tomorrow to benefit Crohn's and Colitis Foundation(only 2.50 for chips,burger and a drink at an M & M store, that's my other plug). It may be a stunning shade of orange and will only have been worn for a couple of hours!! So bring your plants and show creativity!!

Is your BBQ glenmore landing? Times?

I am looking forward to the pond talk, perhaps a little member prodding...

Hmm, in that case I think I might have a nice plant I can use :)

Ponds eh, when I move into my new place next spring I really want to start one up......although my boss already knows enough about this stuff, but it would be interesting to know some stuff myself.

Have spoken with one of the executive and CAS will also have prizes for us too, I hope. Myself, I am torn between the pink and orange plant and blue gravel look or going all natural. I also have 2 of those hot t-shirts as well.Please note this jar show is open to anyone as it's not official so get your butts to the meeting!! I may bring some japonica blyxa for auction too. See you there.