Productive couple of months

randy

In the last 30 days I found 4 Danios fry in my tank at work (are they ever small surprised I notice them wonder how many were sucked up in to the filter). I also found 8 Cherry Barb fry in 22 gallon tank 4 of them are half the size of the first 4 must be a second batch (one of the buggers is swimming around between the glass and the Styrofoam back ground, contemplating how I am going to get him out) I also have an Albino Snow white, and a Electric Yellow in the cichlid tank holding. Still have 4 Snow White fry in the grow out tank. Don't know what I am going to do with them all?? I thing I will keep the Albino Snow Whites and try to sell them, the Electric Yellows will probable be food as I have quite a few I am trying to get rid of don't kneed any more. (LFS won't take them to sell)

Edited by randy

In the last 30 days I found 4 Danios fry in my tank at work (are they ever small surprised I notice them wonder how many were sucked up in to the filter). I also found 8 Cherry Barb fry in 22 gallon tank 4 of them are half the size of the first 4 must be a second batch (one of the buggers is swimming around between the glass and the Styrofoam back ground, contemplating how I am going to get him out) I also have an Albino Snow white, and a Electric Yellow in the cichlid tank holding. Still have 4 Snow White fry in the grow out tank. Don't know what I am going to do with them all?? I thing I will keep the Albino Snow Whites and try to sell them, the Electric Yellows will probable be food as I have quite a few I am trying to get rid of don't kneed any more. (LFS won't take them to sell)

I hear ya...what to do with the fry? I have over 300 Firemouth fry from one batch swimming in my 10 gallon. I have to get them and the mom out of there into the 20 gallon. The mom looks like she has 300 mosquitos buzzing around her. She manages to keep them all in one corner. If ONE fry goes too far, she darts over and sucks it up and spits it back into the "swarm". At night, she spits/moves/herds all of them UNDER the flower pot and then lays on the bottom listing over to one side to block them in. Its fricken amazing watching her.

What are they putting in your water !! :thumbs: Congrats to you, sorry about not being able to find everyone a good home.. but what a very prolific tank system you have .. !!

• 2 weeks later...

Ya that's a problem, I already have 6 tanks on the go. Any other fry I get will be left alone to fend for them selves most should end up as nice light snack. Trying go give some of the current ones away.

Edited by randy

Don't get to Edmonton much, usual go to Calgary have lots of family there. But, I do have a truck that goes to Edmonton twice a week to our consolidation warehouse. I really did not think of that, Du! When they grow out I may post some on here to give away.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The cichlids I just leave in the tank they tend to disappear with the exception of one or two (currently have 3 little guys swimming around) I also have an Albino Snow White Socolofin Cichlid holding.