Name this plant

Drydock

Ok, so I bought this plant about 2 years ago when I was just getting back into the hobby. I think it was under a trade name 'Indian Lace' I can't find any information on it under that name, so I have been asking around.

DSC_0164.jpg

Jvision swears it is wisteria, and I am seldom to disagree with Jason in plants, but I'm not totally convinced. (Sorry Jay) From what I have read, wisteria will grow a full leaf if exposed to air but this one grows the same shape of leaf whether it is above or below the water. The stem does get much thicker for the above water specimens, but that is about the only difference I can tell.

Let me know if you know what it is and if you know of any links about it.

If you want, the I might even have a piece or two to give away to the helpful soul!

At a glance, I'd say it is a type of watersprite (a Ceratopteris species). Do the fronds/stems seem to come out of central root nodes with each of the frond 'faces' facing inwards?

(edited to add image)

Edited by xerxes

Ceratopteris thalictroides- an amphibious fern which can be rooted in the substrate or left to float. It should produce new plants off the main plant. Pretty undemanding as to water conditions; medium light levels.

Looks very similar to Hygrophila difformis.

Edited by werner

At a glance, I'd say it is a type of watersprite (a Ceratopteris species). Do the fronds/stems seem to come out of central root nodes with each of the frond 'faces' facing inwards?

(edited to add image)

Ya, everything comes out of the roots with a few to several 'stems' coming from the same point. From your photo, I would agree that we are talking about the same plant. I have a larger specimen that is rooted in the sand that would look pretty similar to that. I haven't been able to get it to grow more than 4 or 5 stems that reach the surface. I would really like to try and get it to have a nice full look to it.

For me, it seems to do better floating than rooted. I have tons of it that grows out of the egg crate around my overflow.