Hello everyone...

Lareina&Mike

Hi everyone,

My husband (Mike) and I are new salt water enthusiasts (any and all tips appreciated) and this site was recommended to us as a great way to find out everything we needed to know (besides the million and one books we took out of the library). We have a 30 gallon tank and are hoping to set it up as a reef aquarium with more peaceful friendly fish. We have a couple more weeks to wait though to make sure everything is ready to go so we would love to know some great places to go for fish and all our supplies in and around Edmonton as well. Thanks!

Lareina

:welcome: to AA. Indeed we have some great people on here and advice is always free.

I myself, have never kept salt water tanks but there are many on here who have .

Are you preparing by fishless cycling your tank?

:welcome: to AA. Indeed we have some great people on here and advice is always free.

I myself, have never kept salt water tanks but there are many on here who have .

Are you preparing by fishless cycling your tank?

We purchased the tank used with a couple fish already in it. We saved every last drop (okay, not quite but pretty close) from the old tank when we moved it to our house and it seems to be doing fine so far. Right now, we have a yellow tang, a blue niger triggerfish, a chocolate chip starfish and a blue-knee crab that the lady gave us when we bought the tank. We are probably going to end up selling/giving away the current fish since I don't think they all fit in with our general idea of what we want (coral & community fish) which is kinda disappointing since they're soooo pretty but we still have a few weeks to wait before we decide for sure since we only got it 2 weeks ago now.