Moss in betta jars.

balikiss

Hey guys. I found an interesting website on how to keep betta water much cleaner with a little bit of moss. Would love to know if any of you guys have ever do this? I'm looking into getting a couple betta and perhaps attempting to breed. Whats your take on this??

http://www.bettatalk.com/java_moss.htm

I don't use java moss in my jars as I use a turkey baster to clean them and would suck it up. All my betta jars do have duckweed to help keep the water cleaner. Java moss is in all my breeding tanks as it's a good source of infusoria. If I only had a couple of jarred bettas, I'd probably have moss in them.

Hey guys. I found an interesting website on how to keep betta water much cleaner with a little bit of moss. Would love to know if any of you guys have ever do this? I'm looking into getting a couple betta and perhaps attempting to breed. Whats your take on this??

http://www.bettatalk.com/java_moss.htm

I don't use java moss in my jars as I use a turkey baster to clean them and would suck it up. All my betta jars do have duckweed to help keep the water cleaner. Java moss is in all my breeding tanks as it's a good source of infusoria. If I only had a couple of jarred bettas, I'd probably have moss in them.

I do it accidentially when some moss gets stuck when I do my water changes.

I personally wouldn't go that far... but I will give you a hint!!

IF you have an cycled tank, instead of fresh water that is room temp, use the cycled tank water.. Betta's perfer aged water.. and slightly warmer temps then their jars. I never use fresh clean water for any of my jars.. I use the fresh clean water to change the tanks with. Because I change the jar water so frequently this is never an issue. The tank water gets changed, every second day to about 50%, so technically it works...!! Everyone seems rather happy with it..

Moss in the jars, would end up being a headache in the long run, unless you have a betta barrack... Good luck with the spawning!! :thumbs:

Thnx guys. I was thinking that a turkey baster would work pretty good if i had alot of jars to change. Since fishclugirl has been so generous and set me some duck weed i will have to see how it does compared to the moss. And the cycled tank water is a good idea, one that I will use for sure. Thnx again guys.