Lighting a 10g

SilverSurfer

You can get 6500k twister bulbs. But they are sometimes hard to find. I know that canadian tire sells them in 3 different wattages.

Ya Home depot has the 6500k bulbs as well, I just got some for my house the other day. That's when I figured they would be good for my 10g.

If I get 2 23w bulbs do you think that would be a bit extream for the tank, I will also be supplying CO2 with a DIY.

You can get 6500k twister bulbs. But they are sometimes hard to find. I know that canadian tire sells them in 3 different wattages.

Ya Home depot has the 6500k bulbs as well, I just got some for my house the other day. That's when I figured they would be good for my 10g.

If I get 2 23w bulbs do you think that would be a bit extream for the tank, I will also be supplying CO2 with a DIY.

i would try it. just keep an eye on things. i have a 5 gallon with a 20 watt 50/50 bulb in it. i have no c02 just the occasional dose of excel, there is a lot of algae in that tank, and its a plastic bow front so it is really hard to clean the glass

If you find that those are too much for your tank after a while, I found 14 watt, 6500k daylight bulbs at Zellers in my 10 gallon (gives me 2.8 wpg). They do really well in my tank and I find along with the CO2, I've been able to grow almost anything I want.

If you find that those are too much for your tank after a while, I found 14 watt, 6500k daylight bulbs at Zellers in my 10 gallon (gives me 2.8 wpg). They do really well in my tank and I find along with the CO2, I've been able to grow almost anything I want.

Ya, I got some 13w daylights as well, so we will see how it all turns out.