Farlowella eggs

darkangel

While doing my reg W/C I come accross what looks like farlowella eggs (8) on the bottom edge of a piece of driftwood. I removed that portion of the wood (was attacked while doing it) and placed it in a breeder in a seperate tank with an air stone. Just wondering how long they take to hatch, I have no idea how long they were in the tank but the eggs are still clear. The only other tankmates are 16 P. pulcher red face fry 2 days free swimming and a tiny longfin bn pleco.

I think "Bottomdweller_fan" had some hatch back in FEB and said they take about 8-10 days...If you click search and type in Farlowella, you should be able to find the posting...I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to insert a link for you...lol

Congrats.

I just had my second batch hatch. You may want to put the male in with the eggs. My male spent his time caring for eggs and did not eat the fry even after they hatched. You will need to make sure there is enough algae for the fry or they won't survive.

Good luck!

While doing my reg W/C I come accross what looks like farlowella eggs (8) on the bottom edge of a piece of driftwood. I removed that portion of the wood (was attacked while doing it) and placed it in a breeder in a seperate tank with an air stone. Just wondering how long they take to hatch, I have no idea how long they were in the tank but the eggs are still clear. The only other tankmates are 16 P. pulcher red face fry 2 days free swimming and a tiny longfin bn pleco.

Trying to catch the male might be a little hard, (tank is 90% planted). I have 4 of them in the tank, (who's your daddy). I also have a male longfin albino bn gaurding the same piece of wood. I'm guessing the eggs are about 3 to 4 days old, They are starting to darken a bit. No worries about algae in the tank they're in (good farm going). It's only 8 eggs I'll wait and see what happens.

So cool. I went out and bought a couple of farlowellas after seeing bottomdweller_fan's post here. Unfortunately one didn't make it beyond the first night. Will have to go get some more.

I have 4 of them in the tank

What size tank? I have heard the males are a bit territorial.

So cool. I went out and bought a couple of farlowellas after seeing bottomdweller_fan's post here. Unfortunately one didn't make it beyond the first night. Will have to go get some more.

Tank is a 75gal. Most of the time I can't see half the fish that are in the tank, Maybe 15-20 at a time. The plants on the other hand, Stem plants I'm trimming every 2 to 3 days the others every week or two.

Yes, that would make it hard to catch him :). My male stays extremely close to the eggs. I wonder if your bristlenose chased him away from the eggs the farlowella was supposed to be guarding.

That may be possible. He was hanging around about 6 to 8" away from the eggs. Every time he went close the bn would go after him, Both of them attacked my hand when i got close to the wood, so I just broke the piece of wood off that the eggs were on and put it in my 10 gal.