breeding and aggresion

Raven

Ive just been honering about this for a little while. My male perlutt (sp) is chasing his 3 females all over the tank, and im not to sure on why, but i figured it might be because of their breeding habits, which i dont know much about other then they are mouth brooders. He also chases the smaller aceis around the tank too. He seem to leave the tetras and danio alone and of course the rainbow shark and a couple of the bigger acies. seem logical too me.... unless im way off. oh and cen perlutts and acies cross breed?

My male perlmutt is fairly aggressive. He chases anything that comes close to its rocks. He never does any damage but he is constantly chasing, especially the other perlmutts. I would say your Male is just being normal. Keep an eye out that he isn't hurting anyone

As for whether they will breed with acei, i woudl say its a definate possibility. My female perlmutt bred with my male P.electra and i have 2 fry to prove it. So if they can breed i can't see why acei and perlmutts couldn't breed. But if you keep males and females or each species the changes are small.

I just have the 6 acies, that i got at the oct auction as juvies, and the 4 perluttsat the auction in feb. There is for sure the one male p. and 3 females as for the acies, ive no clue.