Photo - April 17 2009

Charles

Tiger knife fish - one of my favorite knife fish. The way they eat are just fun to watch. It is not like ghost knife or clown knife. Their mouths are on top of their head and they actually have to go side way to suck in food.

IMG_5658.gif

IMG_5676.gif

Electric eel - beast. 2.5 feet in length.

IMG_5672.gif

Barracuda sp. red - I throw in about 50 neon tetra. The way they hunt is quite amazing. The good hunter will sit still and blink of your eye, it will have a neon in its mouth. The bad hunter will band its nose on the glass when it missed.

IMG_5666.gif

Huapeta Tatauaia sp. red tail - hard to get the light orange color on the tail, but it is there. Lots of teeth. 50 neon tetra in there as well. They scratch their prey on their side of their mouths. Quite interesting...

IMG_5675.gif

IMG_5679.gif

Red wolf fish

IMG_5680.gif

Very nice Charles as usual!! :thumbs:

You and Patrick should have a photo taken fish party... um, can you guys make it a day when I need you to take photo's of all my betta's I could sure use your photography skills :P

no way... Patrick will laugh at my skill. I would not even bring my camera or talk about photo taking when he is around... :)

Very nice Charles as usual!! :thumbs:

You and Patrick should have a photo taken fish party... um, can you guys make it a day when I need you to take photo's of all my betta's I could sure use your photography skills :P

no way... Patrick will laugh at my skill. I would not even bring my camera or talk about photo taking when he is around... :)

Ha ha, come on Charles your photos are great :) I beleive you are not using a flash and are shooting with the aparture wide open. It's not easy getting sharp pictures that way.

Just wondering Charles are the tiger knifefish the same as the banded knifefish?

dont quote me on this, I am not an expert on fish. But I believe zebra knife fish is the banded knifefish.

Do you know the latin name of the tiger knife ?