Help

Jenelle

I got a Rena xP3 filter from my buddy and I am having a hard time getting it to run. I know it works but I cant get it to work.

I put in the form 20 and 30 filters then I put in the clay hexagons and a course gravel, then carbon then I put in filter floss. (I am thinking that it might be to much and the water cant get through, but i put the media in as per what the system says and according to the guy a Pisces.)

Ok so now I have hooked up all the hoses and clamps poured water in to the canister, until nearly full, plugged it in and started pouring water down the intake hose to get the system going. BUT there is no water coming out of the outake and on water coming in the intake except for the water that i am putting in. Once in a while I get a flurry of bubbles coming from the outake into the tank but no stream of water. CAN ANYONE HELP ME??? I am not sure how long to run the unit because I dont want to burn out the motor, i run it for about 5 min or so while i am pouring the water in. The unit makes a throbbing noise, you can tell it is trying to go.

Please help me, should I run the unit longer? is there air getting in that is not allowing the unit to pump?

Jenelle

You should fill it up all the way before turning it on. I usually fill up the canister 90% before I clip the top back on. Then put the top on and pour in the water through the hose until I see water coming out the spraybar. Then I screw the cap back on the hose and turn it on. It should start flowing right away with minimal bubbles being trapped in the filter.

If you leave the cap on the hose unscrewed it won't work properly.

You should fill it up as far as it will go through the cap in the intake, then screw it back on. Val is right, when that cap isn't on it won't run because it needs pressure to run, and it won't be able to suck up the water. You shouldn't need to fill your canister after the first time unless you lower your water line below the intake and the water drains from the tubes. Once you push the aquastop back on it will fill up on it's own.

I just close the aquastop valve, unscrew the cap and fill up the hose. Replace the cap, open the aquastop and the filter fills it self. Just be sure the discharge is out of the water when you do this.