Ordering live fish on aquabid???

firestorm

I wanted to bid on a lot of fish on aquabid, problem is he is in the states and only ships postal. What kind of guarantee do you think I have that there are no DOA's? He does not guarantee international orders which we would be. I have just never ordered live fish coming through Fed ex or the postal service before. Any suggestions? Thanks :smokey:

My one and only international order was all DOA and soured me on ordering from the us. However, I have heard that others have had better luck, Blaine??? For the money, I'd try some of the other canadian websites including this one and see if someone has them. You never can tell. I'm sure others have had better experiences than myself. However, if I have to fly to San Francisco and spend a couple days to get my fish to ensure their health, I'd gladly do it again(if I have too!!). I also go to Great Falls or Spokane and get fish too. Good excuse for a road trip!!

I have ordered from the US before, I bought a bunch of snails - half of them DOA. Customs can be sticky, I find that there are more stories these last few months. I would find a Canadian dealer - perhaps a store can order in what you want? You would be amazed at what people breed locally - ask if anyone has it. I was sure amazed when I asked.

I don't believe FEDEX will ship live animals/fish.

Neither will the USPS or Canada Post.

Even if they did, with cross border delays factored in I would expect any fish shipped via those methods to be DOA.

That's what I thought :(

I wanted to order some hard to find apistogramma species around here, and no one else I know of has or breeds these guys. I would have Gold's order them for me, but he has such a hard time selling any apistos he gets in, so he doesn't like to order them. I guess I can talk to Christian at BA's and see if he will order some of them for me....going there tonight I hope he's working.

That's what I thought :(

I wanted to order some hard to find apistogramma species around here, and no one else I know of has or breeds these guys. I would have Gold's order them for me, but he has such a hard time selling any apistos he gets in, so he doesn't like to order them. I guess I can talk to Christian at BA's and see if he will order some of them for me....going there tonight I hope he's working.

I have ordered some apistos from Apistodave, about half of them were DOA. I've also ordered endlers from swampriveraquatics with about 1/3 DOA. Both took about a week to get to me once they were shipped with USPS.

I ordered fish from Apisto Dave two years ago.... I had to set up a purolator account to do it otherwise he ships postal... everything arrived ok / however the lablels ran on most of the bags and it was a big job trying to figure out the types of Apistos.....

I ordered plant material recently from Malaysia and there was no problem at all / it arrived quickly....

If anybody's looking for some corys,angels, there's some Canadian sellers on aquabid!! (I am the fishclubgirl and I'm a aquabidaholic!!) There's also some snails, shrimp and crayfish too.

• 2 weeks later...
If anybody's looking for some corys,angels, there's some Canadian sellers on aquabid!! (I am the fishclubgirl and I'm a aquabidaholic!!) There's also some snails, shrimp and crayfish too.

You can also try www.canadianaquariumconnection.com too but don't bid against me, lol!!

Thanks for the help. I decided now is not the time to get anymore apisto's, maybe eventually. But I will try and get them through a LFS first. I saw some of the canadian sellers on aquabid, but will order when the time is better.

IF it's apisto's you want just pm with what you are intrested in and I will see if it is available as I will be ordering in some from south america in the near future----Just in the process of setting up new tank's

IF it's apisto's you want just pm with what you are intrested in and I will see if it is available as I will be ordering in some from south america in the near future----Just in the process of setting up new tank's

I am very interested in apisto's, not much of anything else right now. I will go online and check some of the names of the apistos I liked and let you know. I would definitely be interested in getting in on the order if they have them. So would these be wild caughts then?

• 3 weeks later...