please delete this thread

trevorich

I got a tiger datnoid for free yesterday, as you can see in the pics, tiger dat needs some serious help.

What I need is someone with firm but gentle hands who isn't too squimish for about an hour on thursday. I live in millwoods and I'm thinking morning, just don't want to leave him like this for too long.

the issue:

his tongue has been forced somehow below his jaw line. I put him to sleep to look at the problem closely. As i have one arm, i was not able to assist him right away so i put him in the recovery tank and coaxed him awake. He's now under observation and will be returned to his main tank tonight. Allowing 40 hours between immersion in the anesthetic, he'll be in fine shape to undergo the actual procedure.

If anyone is willing to help it is appreciated. My phone number is 780-633-4622 ask for trev.

Here's the beauty:

Edited by trevorich

I don't think I have ever seen that before. Unfortunatly I live to far away or I would help you out---good luck and please post the results

Man i wish you lived here i would love to help you out. I keep alot of large Datnoids, there my favorite fish. When it happens and i'm sure you will find some one to help please post pictures....thanks.

"OR SURGICAL TECH" TO THE RESCUE

I'VE GOT ALL THE SURGICAL INSTURMENTATION YOU WILL NEED

PM'D

Good stuff------just don't forget the camera

i'm just lending some STERILE instruments. someone else is gotta do the dirty work,,

I'd happily accept anyones assistance, please let me know about availability. I can do the procedure, I just need someone to gently hold the fish while i do it. I will gladly take and post pics of this here.

please call me at 780-633-4622 if you're willing to help.

sorry hybrid, i have no idea how to access pm's or where.

thanks all

trev

Is there going to be video of the procedure? Would love to see what happens.

Had henry's help over at natures corner, wasn't able to do it. Not without causing damage to his cartiledge or cutting into his tissue. I'm going to consult with an ichtyologist at the university and see if there's other options.

Is there going to be video of the procedure? Would love to see what happens.

Had henry's help over at natures corner, wasn't able to do it. Not without causing damage to his cartiledge or cutting into his tissue. I'm going to consult with an ichtyologist at the university and see if there's other options.

Sorry to hear that, best of luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I have consulted with a few people online and at the university and I believe I know how to help this guy (he's growin like a weed the way he is now but...) I will be doing the surgery just before he gets moved into his new 300 g tank so in about 2 weeks. I will have my daughter taking pictures of this as I do it. So expect new posts in this column in a couple of weeks. thx