In a huge rut... any volunteers? I can pay

I have a huge problem. I want to put my 10-11'' silver arowana and my 7'' wild oscar and my 9'' wild oscar with my 3 motoro stingrays ( 10-12'')

The stingrays will do this to any fish its size or smaller.

2lm6g42.jpg

funny picture but yeah... I have a problem, a big one.

is there anyone with a large tank who is willing to grow out 2 oscars and a arowana?

I can give food or even pay. I have promised a friend my 125 and it would be good to keep it and I hope I can work a deal out with him. I think he might understand... right Paul? I know it screws you over two but I am in trouble as well...

anyone out there willing to grow out a few oscars and possably a silver arowana?

I will quote Nic from MFK

i wouldnt worry about the aro... add them together keep the rays fed and do what you gotta do.... there is only one way to find out what will happen....

I think I jsut might have to do that, maybe the oscars will be a dinner :(

My rays ate 2 7" payara, and 2 red tailed baracuda????? who would of guessed i never thought the rays could catch them....till there was nothing but sparkles in the tank one night and a small red tail hanging out of my male rays mouth.

I'll take your rays.. :thumbs:

well thats not quite the suggestion I was looking for. Hybrid, if something dose go bad can you house a pair of oscars?

I also but put a divider in the tank...

I am still not sure what to do.

The stingrays are bottom dwellers so maybe the best solution is a divider but one on a angle to give the rays a huge bottom swimming area and the other fish as much swimming space as possible. I'm sure you can figure out something. I wish i could help but i'm pushing the boundries with my 80 gallon.

good luck and i wish i could help

L

Im pretty sure your fish will be fine

I've seen pics of people with rays jammed in a 75's with many fish and sem to leave them alone.

my rays never bothered TARPON'S or TIGRINUS or HAMPALA"S..

I'd be more concerned about your oscars picking at the rays!!

best of luck

I've seen pics of people with rays jammed in a 75's with many fish and sem to leave them alone.

best of luck

thanks tucker. I have had my wild oscars with plecos and they are very passive and kept to them selfs. I did not have to worry about keeping them with bottom dwellers and risking the plecos losing eyes.

Guest Master of Puppets

best of luck

Yep its all working fine isnt that wonderful tucker? You must be so happy for me, you're such a good guy man.

Yep its all working fine isnt that wonderful tucker?

I'm glad HIS fish are all getting along still..I'm sure once they get into the 500, they will all do just fine.

Edited by hybrid