Little fish??

gf has a little 3gal tank. her betta just died. she doesnt want another one. it was well cared for.

Im into big fish. i dont know anything bout little fish. Is there any little fish that could fit in a little 3gal??

Some male Endlers or Guppies

Problem with 3g generally is lack of heat and aeration.

You could go with a planted tank with shrimp and snails - probably one of the easiest. I can recommend cherry shrimp and spixi snails as both are in high demand and can bring a bit of money in as they breed.

But I found an article in a magazine recently about a fish that doesn't mind lack of aeration. Where was it.... - a tree killifish, the mangrove killifish. A true hermaphrodite that hobbists have had great success with in 1 gallon jars with just javamoss and duckweed - but highly aggressive. You could try a terrarium type tank as they don't need lots of room and they have been known to 'go for walks'. perhaps a 'mountain range' between two pools each with their own fish?

Here is one link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-48...onths-tree.html

Many of the smaller species of killifish will do well in even just a 2.5 gallon, you could easily have a pair in a 3. Make sure it has lot's of plants either fake or real, they love their plants. It is so simple to keep some java moss and java ferns or other low light plants in a small tank with minimal care.

alright well does anyone know if anyones selling a pair?? Or am i having to look at the LFS??

and the mosses. and with that aswell, a snail still possible or just the fish??

thanks

alright well does anyone know if anyones selling a pair?? Or am i having to look at the LFS??

and the mosses. and with that aswell, a snail still possible or just the fish??

thanks

Pair of what? guppies/endlers are fairly common; killies depends on the variety - there is a killifish association that could probably provide you (and mail it to boot) practically any killi species you are after.

I would try the buy/sell forum first.

I know that I, and many others, can easily spare a fistful of java moss.

Snails shouldn't be a problem depending on species, I would stay away from the 'pest variety' in that small a tank. spixis, mysterys, etc should be fine. (I have a few spixis I could spare, but you could try the buy forum for someone closer if you want - I have never shipped anything live)