My 150G Clown Condo Reef

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would appear that my Green Emerald Crabs have become parents. :) Found at least 7 babies amongst the rockwork eating algae tonight as I was doing my check for my spotted blenny. :) Will try to get pics if I can.

• 1 month later...
Very nice tank set-up. I've only ever done freshwater tanks but i sure have the saltwater itch after seeing your tank come to life.

I've had the itch for years, just was scared to try it. Best advice I was given:

DO NOT CHEAP OUT. TAKE YOUR TIME. DON'T RUSH STOCKING. :)

All the investigating I did was not nearly enough compared to what I have learned. And believe me, I spent ALOT of time checking things out and planning. :)

The tank (150g) setup as it sits today, has cost me nearly $12,000 dollars in equipment, and livestock.

My smaller 34g has only cost me about $3500 so far, but nothing in it. :)

Very nice tank set-up. I've only ever done freshwater tanks but i sure have the saltwater itch after seeing your tank come to life.

I've had the itch for years, just was scared to try it. Best advice I was given:

DO NOT CHEAP OUT. TAKE YOUR TIME. DON'T RUSH STOCKING. :)

All the investigating I did was not nearly enough compared to what I have learned. And believe me, I spent ALOT of time checking things out and planning. :)

The tank (150g) setup as it sits today, has cost me nearly $12,000 dollars in equipment, and livestock.

My smaller 34g has only cost me about $3500 so far, but nothing in it. :)

WOW, I had the itch, but as of today not any more $12K. Your setup looks awesome!!

• 2 months later...

I'm really digging those shrooms Blue-Wolf. That hair algae, do the leaves look feathery? I wonder if it is bryopsis and not hair algae. If it is you can just use the raise your Mg trick to be rid of it (check Canreef for the article on that).

I'm really digging those shrooms Blue-Wolf. That hair algae, do the leaves look feathery? I wonder if it is bryopsis and not hair algae. If it is you can just use the raise your Mg trick to be rid of it (check Canreef for the article on that).

They do look feathery... I'll have to check that out. Thanks!