Heros sp. rainbow

darkangel

I just sat down to have a game of cards with my grandson, When I looked over at the South American tank I noticed a pair of rainbow severums laying on thier sides by some rocks. Upon closer inspection I saw eggs on the rocks, there has to be a 1000+ eggs and they are still laying. I tried to get some pics but I could'nt get close enough without them freaking out, (where is Patrick when you need him). I will try and get some more shots in a bit, and hope they turn out.

Edited by darkangel

The grandson had a couple friends over tonite, and as one of them was showing the other the eggs he was slapping his hand on the glass (could of choked him, but I like kids). With all the comotion going on the female decided to start having a caviar snack. She was doing a good job of eating the eggs until I chased her away and moved the rock into a 10 gal with lots of water movement. Some of the eggs are turning white, but there is about 200 or so that have little black dots in them, I'm hoping some of them hatch.

I have about a 100 free swimmers as of yesterday. Just have to grow them out now and see what they have for color. If they have the yellow and orange they will be keepers, no color they will be feeders. The proud parents are about to start round two.