Returning to Freshwater Aquariums in NE Calgary

rjsomers

Hi Everyone

I am returning to a favorite hobby after taking some time off for starting my family.

My previous experience has been exclusively freshwater completely planted aquariums ranging from 10-30 G and a 33G Oscar tank.

I just finished cycling 2 30G tanks and planted with Java Moss, Sessiflora and Riccia. Still looking for a few more stem plants and well as added a few pieces of driftwood.

I am looking for any words of wisdom as I embark on this journey again.

I currently have some Guppies from a private home, Zebra Danios and 2 Dwarf Gourami's. The Dwarf Gourami's are new to me and hoping I serve them well.

Thanks

Jordanne

NE Calgary

Welcome back, Your dwarf gouramis will do fine with your guppies and danios. Gouramis are'nt fussy about water conditions as they live in ditches and rice patties, but like all fish they will do much better in nice clean water.

Thanks

I did read about them living in filthy, murky water in the wild.

Just wanted to make sure in an aquarium if they required anythinn different.

Jordanne

Welcome back!

We just started back at fish keeping after a 20 year layoff to raise out family too.

Things have sure changed, many fish that you have never seen before are being bred by your "new friends", that you are sure to meet on the forum.

We now have far too many tanks going. If you are looking for mostly Africans drop "fairdeal" a note here on the forum, he has quality stock and also in Calgary.

But beware our family was there a few times now,.......that's why we have the tanks springing up in every room in the house.

Take Care,

and enjoy