Fin issue on Guppy

rjsomers

I can't tell if this boy has fin stuck together or what but definately does not look right.

I just got him from a private home on Sat as well as some Females and 2 other males. Noone else has any issues.

What could it be?

Should I treat them with anything?

I am hesitant to put anything else in the tank just in case help.

And I do not remember all my fish ailments but sure will be in my books quickly - just prefer to ask the experienced hobbyists first.

Jordanne

I'll get a Picture if I can

I can't tell if this boy has fin stuck together or what but definately does not look right.

If you do not have live plants or corys Aquarium Salt is a very safe general issue treatment. Although only one fish is clamping you should test the water for the usual suspects (ammonia, etc).

I do have live plants and he came to me this way.

Anything else I can use ?

There are several Quick Cure type products available that are plant friendly. It could be parasites or a host of other things, but many of the treatments overlap.

Posting a pic would help. Since the fish is new it is harder to see unusual marks or behaviour.

I am going to have to catch him and put him in a different tank to get a picture as none of the pics I've taken have turned out.

My camera can take awesome pictures through a microscope lens but not of a fish in a tank. Weird LOL.

I'll keep you all posted.