I got the glass, and other tank updates

rED O

Well... I got my money back from aquagiant :rolleyes:

anyways fish4fun here on aa has his aquarium company and I got a nice sheet of glass from him. 80''x24 3/4 '' the thickness of the glass is 3/4'' 19 mm :w00t:

that size of glass and thickness was only $290.00 :thumbs: I got a great deal on the glass. We put in the glass today and are getting it lined wednesday, wednesday night fill it up with the garden hose for a leak test, then invite a few friends over for some manual labor :shifty: paul -roll-

and work on the sump in between.

I hope to have it up with fish in it friday :thumbs:

I will post lots of pictures

Are you old enough to drink? :rolleyes: I don't think so.

That would also make it illegal for you to possess or serve it. :guns:

And whats with starting a new post for every update? It's getting confusing....

Why couldn't you just put the whole project on one post???

Great project Dustin but it's hard to keep interested in it while trying to follow all the different posts.

Boom :boom:

Are you old enough to drink? :rolleyes: I don't think so.

That would also make it illegal for you to possess or serve it. :guns:

And whats with starting a new post for every update? It's getting confusing....

Why couldn't you just put the whole project on one post???

Great project Dustin but it's hard to keep interested in it while trying to follow all the different posts.

Boom :boom:

oh, I don't drink, I collect it to stare at it :shifty:

I had a older post about the glass and I wanted to update how pleased I was with my new glass from fish4fun :thumbs:

So what's going on with the tank?

done, sitting with the glass in. We should of had water in it yesterday but the guy spraying the tank is sick. I hope he can do it monday.

Is there no cure time for the liner you're using? Even if there isn't, after doing mine and jumping the gun by a couple days with water, I'd probably wait a week before putting water in. (My cure time was 10 days, and I only waited 7 because I didn't read; luckily it turned out ok).

Also, why did you put the glass in before the tank is lined, and how is the glass affixed to the tank?

Is there no cure time for the liner you're using? Even if there isn't, after doing mine and jumping the gun by a couple days with water, I'd probably wait a week before putting water in. (My cure time was 10 days, and I only waited 7 because I didn't read; luckily it turned out ok).

Also, why did you put the glass in before the tank is lined, and how is the glass affixed to the tank?

no idea about curing time, I will ask him. Posting pictures in the build thread. Also the glass was sitting on the lawn so we did not want it damaged. It will add weight to the tank but we put handles on it for easy moving :shifty:

I would want to make sure that the tank is sealed befoe you put the glass in, If there is a small area that water can get in between the wood and the glass you are going to have a very large mess to clean up.

I would want to make sure that the tank is sealed befoe you put the glass in, If there is a small area that water can get in between the wood and the glass you are going to have a very large mess to clean up.

the polyurea is going to over lap the glass buy .5'' so unless water can get past polyurea and silicone it wont leak ;)

the polyurea is going to over lap the glass buy .5'' so unless water can get past polyurea and silicone it wont leak ;)

It might be me not sleeping for the last 36 or so hours, but I don't get it. is the coating going over the glass? Polyurea is a paint so when you fill the tank there is a good chance that the paint will crack.

Check out fishguys re build on monster fish keepers, he has some good info.