water changes

Well I did a 40% in one of my tanks last night. As I was doing it, I remembered what everyone said. I t was a little painful because it goes against everything I have ever been taught about water changes. After i was finished i sat and watched my tank to make sure the fish where fine, I figured if something goes sides ways I can get the fish out and put them in different tanks, until i can fix the problem....... And everything seemed fine. So this morning when i looked.(right when I got up, even before hitting the bathroom) the fish where all fine. And looked normal. i know I didnt start this post, BUT it helped me out alot. Thank you everyone.

: ) Just another tip, now that the weather is warmer. If you can, when you are draining your tank, pump the water out onto your lawn. You can get tubing inexpensively from a hardware store that will fit over the output end of a powerhead (MaxiJets are great for this). The wastes in the water are a good source of fertilizer for your grass, and it helps "recycle" your tank waste water, instead of sending it down the drain.

For smaller tanks, use the water for indoor plants or flower beds.