Lake Sand Good Bad??

How much sand do you need? I have about 4 gallons of rinsed out sand from my sw tank. Was thinking of using it again, but I haven't decided.

Thanks anyway for the offer but i bought some sand from Sil industries just off the yellowhead before the turn off onto the sherwood park freeway aka Anthony Henday. It's a 100pound bag of off white sand and it has a nice size (not to big or small) and it only cost me EIGHTEEN BUCKS PLUS 2$ IN GAS TO GET THERE AND BACK A very very wonderful deal in my opinion.

I do have a question and that is How Deep should i make the sand and what about the sand under the rocks??. I was also thinking of mixing it with the palm sized rocks i have allready in my 30 to make little blackish spots to break up the sand substrate in a part of the tank and to help with stirring the sand.

As for the lake party Well i'd have to run it by my parents BUT it's not out of the question. We are just finishing construction so there is no grass so no place for tents or a fire pit. Maybe next year. It's only 1hr drive so it's feasable for a day trip with the family. Anyway i'll try and remember when everything is more or less finished.

Thanks for all the advice

L

P.S. Our lake has been designated a delicate ecosystem and the UofA is conducting a study to find out why it's soooo green(umm lawn fertilizer anyone??) I'm thinking i should avoid the sand in future because when the water level dropped the plantlife exploded on the new sand. I don't want that to happen in my tank with algae. Though it might be ideal for a planted tank.

Edited by Ishkabod