Herichthys argentea

Bandi

I bought a young fish from Golds and was told it was an Herichthys Argentea...I Googled some photos of the fish...but I can't find any profiles on it. There is Veiga Argentea...but I am not convinced it is the same fish. Can anyone offer me any information on this fish. I am mostly interested in its compatability with my other cichlids and gouramis. My fish is only about three inches and it looks like it is being aggressive already...might need to move it into my 150 gallon tank that's holding larger cichlids.

Thanks for your help so far...I hope this photos helps. I went back to Golds today and found a fish that looks like the one I bought but they have it labelled C. Argentea. So go figure.

Thanks for your help so far...I hope this photos helps. I went back to Golds today and found a fish that looks like the one I bought but they have it labelled C. Argentea. So go figure.

vieja argentea

I concur, mine looks like that one, only a little bigger.

Well thanks everyone for clearing up the mystery...I am surprised that Gold' mislabelled it...they are usually so good about that. Anyway...I'll do my research on the fish and see if indeed he is compatable with my other tank...if not...he may go on the market.

Well thanks everyone for clearing up the mystery...I am surprised that Gold' mislabelled it...they are usually so good about that. Anyway...I'll do my research on the fish and see if indeed he is compatable with my other tank...if not...he may go on the market.

Been a while since I have been into Neos but this is an old classification. Neos are re-classed so much I doubt it was intentional of Golds. Books arent updated as much as the internet!