Rock and Background Colours

punman

I am getting a 180 gallon tank in two weeks (largest is a 90 at present). Looking for advice on background color and rock color for Mpimbwe Frontosa. I'll be using light brown Pool Filter sand. I've been using salmon colour and black colour rock in my 90 and like that but am open to suggestions.

For background I was thinking black or very dark blue but again am open to suggestions.

Any colours anyone has tried and hated?

:D I currently am using CaribSea Aragonite substrate, it's white. And my fronts love digging in it. My background is blue. I think i looks pretty good.

But my fronts are burundi/1 kigoma ;)

I also think a black sand with blue background would look good. -ham- just my opinion.

I know a lot of guys who use dark rocks and a dark background (either blue or black, more of a personal preference). It really brings out the white and blues from what I've seen. I've added black sand to my pool filter sand and really like the looks of it, it makes it darker without going all the way black (plus it's MUCH cheaper than going all black in the big tanks).

I tried black sand in a 33 gal. with electric blue fry and found it too dark for me. I'm pretty comfortable with pool filter sand in tan. I just want ideas for the background and rock colour.

Edited by punman