Assassin Snails

I found some Assassin snails last week, so I bought 2...brought them home and put 'em in my 10g. planted tank. A few days later I checked in on them and what do ya know...they really work! So I went back and got 5 more today and dispersed them amoungst a couple more tanks...i'm really excited about these little guys! Who knew snails could be this much fun?!! Almost sounds sadistic...hahaha. oh well. :P

I have about 8 in one tank and they seem to keep the snail population in check but not eradicate it. I do have eggs from them so I'll spread them around if I don't see any dinner for mine. They are a carnivore so sinking pellets should work, I hope!!

I do have eggs from them so I'll spread them around if I don't see any dinner for mine.

Are the eggs bigger than those of these other 'food' snails?

Yes and they're in a case too. They take a couple of weeks to hatch and it's driving me nuts waiting to see the little guys!! The eggas are also scattered all over the tank too.