Algae eater for a nano planted tank????

MarkN

I have a nano tank on my desk at work with a betta in it. It's planted and the plants are growing like crazy, so much so I have clipped a bunch and am now populating a 65 gallon at home! But with the plant growth has come algae! What type of fish would live in a small unheated tank like this and rid me of this algae? Otto?? Are shrimp a possibility? Any help is most appreciated.

Mark

How big is your nano tank?

I agree with blue ram. A zebra snail is a good choice(I have many) but they do mostly the glass, not the plants. Amano shrimp are also a good choice for keeping the plants clean but aren't as effective on the glass. You also need a few of them if you want to see a dent in the algae.

How big is your nano tank?

I agree with blue ram. A zebra snail is a good choice(I have many) but they do mostly the glass, not the plants. Amano shrimp are also a good choice for keeping the plants clean but aren't as effective on the glass. You also need a few of them if you want to see a dent in the algae.

The tank is around 2.5-3gallons. Ok sounds like I need shrimp more than a snail as all my algae issues are on the plants! Would a betta eat the shrimp or try to? There is allot of cover for the shrimp to hide.

Mark