DIY Aquarium Questions.

NomiDemekin

I'm going to be making a divided betta tank, roughly 20 gallons (to be separated into 6 'apartments' and about 40" (121.9 cm) x 10" (25.4) x 12" (30.5). This will be my first time constructing a tank, so of course I'm a little fuzzy on some *coughmost* of the details. I know I want to go with glass, so my first question will be:

Where can one buy/order aquarium suitable glass around Edmonton, and can I order it pre-cut? If not, where would be a good place to go to get it cut? I want to stay away from cutting the glass myself right now.

And for silicone aquarium sealant, is there any brand or type to avoid? And on the other side of the coin, any you recommend?

As well, I've been browsing everything on aquarium building I can find, but any and all advice/tips/links is immensely welcome!

Aquariumillusions makes custom tanks, so you may be able to buy the glass from them. Chrystal Glass, or for that matter any glass company, should be able to supply. Just make sure they know it's for an aquarium. The edges might need to be polished, I don't know.

You can also use acrylic. Though it does scratch easier, it is lighter than glass and you can cut it yourself. Just make sure you get cast not extruded!!