Discus in the planted 75 gallon

No and yes...I was doing water changes when they were in the 30 gallon every 2 days at either 30 or 50% by the bucket. Now that I have them in the 75 planted they get 40% every 4 days and seem to be doing fine. I have had some illness battles with them but they seem to come out of it pretty well and havent lost anyone to illness. Are you looking at getting into discus?

All I can say is make sure and get adults and from a good source. You may pay more but really you would be paying less. I have had my share of disease and drama from my discus. They can go from perfect to bad in a day, they are such drama kings and queens. If you dont do adults then go bare bottom until they are at least 5.5 to 6 inches, Im finding this out the hard way :tongue:

All I can say is make sure and get adults and from a good source. You may pay more but really you would be paying less. I have had my share of disease and drama from my discus. They can go from perfect to bad in a day, they are such drama kings and queens. If you dont do adults then go bare bottom until they are at least 5.5 to 6 inches, Im finding this out the hard way :tongue:

Yarp! i totally agree with her on this i keep discus, they should be in a bare bottom but i suppose i'm just too lazy to pull everything out. but then again i do 75-100% waterchanges daily so... But back to buying discus, dont buy from a LFS you will end up paying $100 for a low quality fish that will cause you nothing but problems