Fish compatability

darkangel

I am thinking of shutting down all my tanks except one. I would like to put my galaxy rasbora's & green shrimp into my planted tank with cardinals and neons. The largest fish in this tank are 8 assorted cories, 3 LF BN plecs, 4 SAE's, and a group of zebra loaches(5). The tank is 72 gal heavily planted with filtration for 300+ gal. Will this work or do I need to get rid of some fish as well.

I should be OK, but the cardinals may work on your galaxies - I've seen a school of cards go after healthy fry after picking off a weak one.

I should be OK, but the cardinals may work on your galaxies - I've seen a school of cards go after healthy fry after picking off a weak one.

My school of cardinals started out at 80 and is now 100+. The school of galaxies started out at 10 and is now over 30, might be a war for the galaxies that they can't win.

I'd worry about the loaches and shrimp.

I'm not too worried about the shrimp. The whole idea of them was they reproduce and serve as food for the galaxies to reproduce. The cardinals are doing just fine with reproduction on NLS grow & brine shrimp.

I might have to leave it at 2 tanks running.

My school of cardinals started out at 80 and is now 100+. The school of galaxies started out at 10 and is now over 30, might be a war for the galaxies that they can't win.

I'd worry about the loaches and shrimp.

I'm not too worried about the shrimp. The whole idea of them was they reproduce and serve as food for the galaxies to reproduce. The cardinals are doing just fine with reproduction on NLS grow & brine shrimp.

I might have to leave it at 2 tanks running.

i hav mine 17 galaxys with a betta 2 green tiger barbs 2 cories 6 rummy nose 5 cardnals and 3 blue rams everyone gets along just fine in a 45 gal

• 3 weeks later...
<snip> The school of galaxies started out at 10 and is now over 30 </snip>

<snip> i hav mine 17 galaxys </snip>

Hey All -

Just curious where you found galaxies...I am looking for 12-24 of them, but have yet to see them for sale anywhere. I will be in Edmonton next week; so any pointers would be appreciated. Sorry for the minor swing off main topic...

Thanks in Advance,

cmpteki

<snip> The school of galaxies started out at 10 and is now over 30 </snip>

<snip> i hav mine 17 galaxys </snip>

Hey All -

Just curious where you found galaxies...I am looking for 12-24 of them, but have yet to see them for sale anywhere. I will be in Edmonton next week; so any pointers would be appreciated. Sorry for the minor swing off main topic...

Thanks in Advance,

cmpteki

TNT aquatic they hav a link on here tuan is the guys name 4 bucks each i got ten from him 2 weeks ago all still alive they were small seen them at big als for 10 the other ten i hav i got back in 06 when they first came out they are wild ones

Edited by prodogg02

TNT aquatic they hav a link on here tuan is the guys name 4 bucks each i got ten from him 2 weeks ago all still alive they were small seen them at big als for 10 the other ten i hav i got back in 06 when they first came out they are wild ones

Thanks for the tip(s); will check both locations when I hit the city.

:)