TOM

cale262

Looking to buy a "TOM" canister filter, does anyone know where in Edmonton or Alberta I can buy one? I looked for retailers on their website but it only shows US locations....

TIA,

Brian

Possibly Trident Pet Supplies on the west end.

I bought one off ebay for around 30$, shipping included, a few years ago.

Its not my favorite filter as I find it hard to use. It can be a real pain to prime and get it running smoothly. But once you get it working its ok. It doens't provide much current so its good for planted tanks and lightly stocked tanks

Its not my favorite filter as I find it hard to use. It can be a real pain to prime and get it running smoothly. But once you get it working its ok. It doens't provide much current so its good for planted tanks and lightly stocked tanks

Thank for the quick review Val.. I'm thinking about putting it on my 6gal. Edge...looking for something small enough to hide easily and something that isn't going to turn the tank into a wirl-pool which I'm almost certain will happen with an Eheim 2213 :rolleyes:

Thank for the quick review Val.. I'm thinking about putting it on my 6gal. Edge...looking for something small enough to hide easily and something that isn't going to turn the tank into a wirl-pool which I'm almost certain will happen with an Eheim 2213 :rolleyes:

It would work great on a 6g. I used mine on a 20g and a 10g. I found the 20g to be a bit too big for it. But it was a good filter on the 10g when I finally figured out how to prime it right.

The company that makes them also has great customer service. I emailed asking about the issues I was having with priming it correctly(I kept having bubbles get stuck and couldn't get the suction going) and they sent me a whole new motor for free and said to try and see if that helped.