beginner plants

ÐÉÅÑ

Cryprocoryne's are an easy plant and come in so many different types. Probably my favorite easy plant. Also many swords plants are easy. Amazon sword is the cheapest. But there is quite a few that look much better. Like ozelot sword. They can be found at a reasonable price sometimes. Hygrophilia are easy and fast growing. There are many stem plants that are easy to grow. The red ones are harder to keep red. They require the proper amount of ferts to stay red. 2.5 wpg is a good amount of light. You should add some ferts. And most plants will do good. Even the hard ones. As long as your lights are 6700k (plant lights). And consider a diy c02 if your tank is not too big

You can add vallisneria to the above list of plants. Vallisnerias come in 2 different types, straight leaved ones and twisted or corkscrew leaved ones. Go with the straight leaved ones as the twisted ones require high light. They are super easy to grow and can grow on any substrate.

java fern is an easy one, and crypts are really fun since they can duplicate without you noticing.. so after a month or two i now have many more crypts which was perfect for my new 20gal. Vallisneria is one i like a lot, and even had it grow new plants, but they didnt take too kindly to being replanted soo many times.

DIY CO2 is extremely easy as long as you can diffuse your co2 properly. i like mine going into the impeller of my filter. my aquaclear 30 has this feature built in and my plants love it.

i had a lot of cabomba that was just really stretched out, but it covered the back ok and it grew fast. i wouldnt even buy mondo grass, useless.

crypts are by far the best for sprucing up the tank.

also, i havent used ferts myself. i use laterite mixed in with my gravel pretty heavily in my 10 gal and i attribute that to good growth. my new tank doesn't have much in-gravel nutrients so i will have to see what happens.