Something to add to a 90g comm. tank

newbie2

Hello all,

I have a 90g comm. planted tank that until recently I had a pair of mating angelfish in. Unfortunately a week ago the smaller female angel was being herded into the bottom corner of the tank by the big angel(male), and the next day the female angel was dead. I don't know what the issue was, they had been paired up for almost two years. He is pretty big, at about 6" I would guess front to back. I am wondering if it would be possible to add some other larger fish into the tank the way it is setup now.

current inhabitants are:

1 angelfish

14 congo tetras

10 black neons

3 neons

3 yoyo's

2 bolivian rams

a bn pleco, a king tiger pleco and a L333 pleco

Looking for suggestions for a "center peice" fish or Pair that would live with the angel. Possibly another cichlid or a gourami pair?

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Edited by newbie2

• 2 weeks later...
Rainbowfish do not pair up and they are best kept in a school. A pearl or snakeskin gourami might be nice.

I think they were referring to rainbow cichlids(Herotilapia multispinosa), not rainbowfish.

A pair of rainbow cichlids would work well. I used to keep a pair in with my community tank with angelfish and they got along well.

You could also go with a pair of apistos.

I think they were referring to rainbow cichlids(Herotilapia multispinosa), not rainbowfish,
I was talking about rainbow fish, bosemani, red, australian.
Rainbowfish do not pair up and they are best kept in a school. A pearl or snakeskin gourami might be nice.

I never knew that. Why is it they always sell them as pair then?