bicolor bleny MIA

prodogg02

why and how do these just disapear got my second one 4 days ago he was fine eatin sitin in his rock checkin everything out 2days later hes gone not on floor no where in tank another 2 days later still no sign of him this is exactly what happened to my other one i know none of my fish eat him just got some small angels anyone else ever have this happen to them with this fish are they real fragile they are supposed to be preaty tough little guys .

Have you checked everywhere around the tank - could he have flopped behind any furniture? How established is the tank, and what kind of CUC do you have? If a fish dies in a well established marine tank, it doesn't take long for all of the crabs and worms to eat a corpse.

I've had fish go missing for weeks, found nemo inside a dress shoe on the rack behind the tank, found a couple laying under the couch all dried up. If they die in the tank they are usually gone, the crabs, shrimp etc clean them up before I notice them. My tanks are all pretty small so the fish are also small.

ya i checked every where the tank is in basement not a thing around it only one i hav found on the floor is my banded cat shark and cherry grouper i checked every where i even took all 150lbs rock out to rearrange checked every hole even broke a few in half to see if he was stuck, nothin must hav been lunch for the 8 plus inch bristle worms in there found over a dozen mazzive one took some out and flushed them down the tolet now iam scared to sit on there :shock:

hi ,may be you got a mantis shrimp? i had one in my tank once eating all kind of things, what gave it a way for me was the clicking noise !but they are good hiders just throwing it out there !

We have a fitted glass top, pulled out all the decore, dug in the gravel, and never did find out what happed to thee of our corries one day. And in our tank there is nothing that could eat them. I can see loosing fish becoming easier in a salt tank.

Hope with allthe hiding spots your fish is well and in there hiding somewhere.