FRONTS

RDFISHGUY

very nice fronts!!! do you breed yours at all?

I gave the parents of these guys to my mom about 8 years ago. They have been breeding them for about 7 yrs now. They have about 15 fronts in their 120 gallon and counting. Before I gave them the 120 they had 19 fronts ,at one time, in a 4 foot 110 gallon tank.

I really like your picture taking skills, I wish I could take some photos like that.

Nice fronts by the way :)

Thanks.

if you don't mind my asking, i'm looking for a bit of breeding advice. I have 3 in a 90 gal, which yes they could use more real estate, but that probibly won't happen till spring. Theres 1 male with 2 females and a pair has formed with the other female kinda left out. either way they have bread nearly a dozen times but the females has never held to full term, usually 10 days or so in she's either spit or swallowed the eggs. Their tank consists of alot of rock work but i'm wondering if maybe i need to find some sort of cave dwelling that the female can hide out in that the male is to big to enter. I pondered the terra pot but the male could still acess that so figured it would solve nothing. any suggestions are more than welcome cuz after having this trio for over 5 years now i would love to see them produce some fry!!

if you don't mind my asking, i'm looking for a bit of breeding advice. I have 3 in a 90 gal, which yes they could use more real estate, but that probibly won't happen till spring. Theres 1 male with 2 females and a pair has formed with the other female kinda left out. either way they have bread nearly a dozen times but the females has never held to full term, usually 10 days or so in she's either spit or swallowed the eggs. Their tank consists of alot of rock work but i'm wondering if maybe i need to find some sort of cave dwelling that the female can hide out in that the male is to big to enter. I pondered the terra pot but the male could still acess that so figured it would solve nothing. any suggestions are more than welcome cuz after having this trio for over 5 years now i would love to see them produce some fry!!

I would get more females. Get that male focused on breeding with more than one. A few good hiding spots will help. I will sell these 4 if you are interested PM.

interesting, let me dwell on that for a bit...the 4 in question that you might sell, are all 4 female?

I believe 3 are female and one is male. I can't say for certain as I don't know the age of the 3 smaller ones but they have less developed nuchal humps. They will never spawn in this tank because my arowana is constantly harassing them.