Hey guys..

Flowehornhunter

Because of aggression issues, you often need to separate male and female w. a divider. Egg crate works well, as the female could lay eggs on one side of the divider and the male can fertilize them from the other side.

Because of aggression issues, you often need to separate male and female w. a divider. Egg crate works well, as the female could lay eggs on one side of the divider and the male can fertilize them from the other side.

excellent advice... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

excellent advice... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Like Jason said, lots of aggression issues. The egg crate works wonders. When I had flowerhorns, I used 4xs the filtration required for the tank, egg crate divider with a piece of slate under it, and a small submersable fountain pump on the males side of the tank aimed toward the other side. Lots of live food, freeze dried and frozen krill, nls pellets, 3 to 4 times a day, 50% water change 3 times a week at 3 to 4 degrees colder than the water in the tank. I would get 1000+ eggs every 4 to 6 weeks with a 50% hatch rate. Because of the lack of interest in flowerhorns I would not remove the fry and grow them out. I hope that this will not discourage you from breeding them, they are an awsome nasty fish.

Divider, and lots of reading.

before you do anything like that, tons of reading for sure. I know a member on here ( I think Darkangle) has bred flowerhorns. I have talked to him on his methods. I believe he had the tank divided and he fertilized threw the divider to blow the fhjizz over If he reads this topic, he might have some tips for ya.

good luck

Edited by rED O

Like Jason said, lots of aggression issues. The egg crate works wonders. When I had flowerhorns, I used 4xs the filtration required for the tank, egg crate divider with a piece of slate under it, and a small submersable fountain pump on the males side of the tank aimed toward the other side. Lots of live food, freeze dried and frozen krill, nls pellets, 3 to 4 times a day, 50% water change 3 times a week at 3 to 4 degrees colder than the water in the tank. I would get 1000+ eggs every 4 to 6 weeks with a 50% hatch rate. Because of the lack of interest in flowerhorns I would not remove the fry and grow them out. I hope that this will not discourage you from breeding them, they are an awsome nasty fish.
before you do anything like that, tons of reading for sure. I know a member on here ( I think Darkangle) has bred flowerhorns. I have talked to him on his methods.If he reads this topic, he might have some tips for ya.

good luck

you posted 1 minute before me so I did not see your post till now :blush: