What do you think of my stocking list?

Sara

After what seems to be a horribly long time, I've finally gotten my new tank up and running. Here are the specs:

TANK:

Size: 29 gallon

Filtration: Rena XP1 Filstar Filter and Aquaclear Mini

Heater: Ebo Jager 100W Heater (I know it's a little low on the wattage...getting another one soon)

Lighting: 40W (Aqua-Glo and Flora-Glo bulbs)

Decor: Tahitian Moon Sand, lots of Mopani driftwood, to be planted this week (w/ anubias, java fern, anachris and crypts)

Cycling: 1 package Bio-Spira and two filter sponges from already established tanks

PROPOSED STOCKING LIST:

- 10 Cardinal Tetras

- 2 Blue Rams (1 male and 1 female)

- 1 baby Queen Arabesque Pleco (L260 - currently .75 inches, maxes out @ 3.5")

- 3 Zebra Loaches (Botia Striata, maxes out @ 2.5-3")

I know I'm getting a little heavy on the bioload, and I'm also a little unsure of how the loaches and rams would get along.

Any comments or suggestions for me?

TIA!

Stocking looks fine. Pretty close to my old tank ram tank :) I dont' think there will really be any problems between the loaches and the rams. Even if there is there should be enough hiding spots for the loaches to get away.

Where did you get the Bio spira from?

punman, thanks for the info re: the heater. I'll stick with it for now and see how it goes. The tank is in my always-too-hot living room anyway, so it should be fine.

degrassi, I think the first time I saw a zebra loach was in your tank. :D

I had the BioSpira shipped in from someone who owns an LFS on another board I'm on. I've order from him several times and have always had great success...Bernie at http://www.fishstoretn.com/ if anyone is interested.

After a trip to Big Al's this evening, I'm now the proud owner of 3 zebra loaches and 2 apistogramma nijsennis in place of the rams. I'll hold off on the cardinals for now to let the BioSpira do it's thing, and I'm picking up my baby QA pleco when I fly home in May.