A few of my male Parachromis spp.

Albertan

I just thought I'd post a few pictures of two of my male P. friedrichsthalii and two P. motaguense I took today. Why did I take these pictures? Because I am looking for a new home for them. Check out the Livestock Classifieds if you're interested. Cheers.

• 12" male P. friedrichsthalli - A little on the aggressive side with other similar sized fish, and quite capable of imposing his will in most tanks.
    789260900_7AghU-L.jpg
  • 11.5" male P. friedrichsthalli - Very mellow fish. Just likes to eat and look at what's going on outside the tank. Very mellow for a foot long Parachromis.
    789259536_r8VtM-L.jpg
  • 10" male P. motaguense - Regular variety. Stone cold killer with anything he can dominate.
    789307707_ymYDB-L.jpg
  • ~6" male P. motaguense - Red Tiger variety. Another miserable S.O.B. with anything smaller than him.
    789305582_MoVyW-L.jpg
  • 10" male P. dovii - Holds his ground but isn't nearly the monster dovii are made out to be.
    789516793_iZNQZ-L.jpg

Check out the post in the Classifieds if you're interested. Otherwise just enjoy the pictures. :)

Edited by Albertan

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on these fish, as I contine to get some interest on them. All of the fish were flown out to a fellow in Winnipeg a few weeks ago. He posts on MFK quite a bit under the name "Crisper" so you can see them there is you like. Unfortunately the biggest freddie did not survive putting a few holes in his bag during the trip. The other fish are all doing well.

Some people asked me why I was getting rid of them. I just wanted to free up some space to try some new fish. Also, I had several of the fish in 90-120g show tanks. I think they do better in larger tanks where they can intereact with each other, which is what the fellow in Winnipeg had to offer. I'm now left with only my dovii pair and my nicest male freddie. Cheers.

Beautiful Fish .....

I just thought I'd post a few pictures of two of my male P. friedrichsthalii and two P. motaguense I took today. Why did I take these pictures? Because I am looking for a new home for them. Check out the Livestock Classifieds if you're interested. Cheers.

• 12" male P. friedrichsthalli - A little on the aggressive side with other similar sized fish, and quite capable of imposing his will in most tanks.
    789260900_7AghU-L.jpg
  • 11.5" male P. friedrichsthalli - Very mellow fish. Just likes to eat and look at what's going on outside the tank. Very mellow for a foot long Parachromis.
    789259536_r8VtM-L.jpg
  • 10" male P. motaguense - Regular variety. Stone cold killer with anything he can dominate.
    789307707_ymYDB-L.jpg
  • ~6" male P. motaguense - Red Tiger variety. Another miserable S.O.B. with anything smaller than him.
    789305582_MoVyW-L.jpg
  • 10" male P. dovii - Holds his ground but isn't nearly the monster dovii are made out to be.
    789516793_iZNQZ-L.jpg

Check out the post in the Classifieds if you're interested. Otherwise just enjoy the pictures. :)

Awesome photos but damn you, now I want a dovii!

If anyone is seriously interested in some dovii let me know. The pair in my 230g is about to spawn and the offspring are going to be outstanding. I raised a few up 18 months ago from this female and the male's little brother (the one in the pictures above), and they were very nice fish. Free of course. ;) Cheers.

• 2 months later...