Help ID'ing white stuff on inside tank walls

d0hb0y

My wife noticed some odd white objects on my 10G puffer tank wall. These objects are also seen attached to some of the plant leaves. I couldn't get a clear picture with my camera and i've been scouring the net for the last two hours trying to find something but i'm not having any luck and the paranoia of what this might be is setting in. This is the closest thing i've found but the thread was over 2 years old and there was no replies.

post-4553-126639242516_thumb.jpg

They look like little fuzzy threads stuck to the aquarium wall, I don't think it's hydra but I could be wrong. You can see it in the picture above if you look REAL closely.

The water parameters as of tonight are...

Ammonia - 0

Nitrite - 0

NitrAte - 5ppm

pH - 7.8

None of the pea puffers have any white spots (hard to see, they have grown to about 1 cm now). Appetites are still the same, always begging for food and when they do get fed they gobble ALOT of frozen mysis shrimp. I do weekly water changes, but looking at the tank tonight it may change to bi-weekly gravel vacs and water changes.

Anyone have any experience or know what these "white fuzzy threads" are?

They seem to be anchored to the glass in one spot and the rest of the "fluff" moves with the current. I turned off the HOB filter for a few minutes to see if they move on their own and they do not move at all. The best way I can describe what it looks like is it resembles a dandelion seed. Right now it's only appearing on the backside of the aquarium where the HOB is.

i just noticed some of this stuff in one of my tanks. never seen it before. where did it some from? what causes it? what is it? its hydra, but what is it? i can see it pretty easily with just my eyes. they are about 2mm long