BN Pleco

Raven

i got a bushy nose Pleco now and another user told me it was a silver tip. I have no idea what that means but i'd like more info on the special morphs of BN plecos.

The white on the tail and sometimes on the fins will dissappear as the fish matures. I've had tons of them that looked like that and I thought I had something else until they grew up a bit.

There is shortfins and longfins. For colouring, there's a brown, calico,albino, and silvertip and there is probably more ie there's another morph which is albino with black eyes. This is just what I have spotted in the lfs. Didn't I mention I think they're one of the cutest fish??

what size do they have to be to be 'grown up a bit'? this gal ( havent seen much for bushes) is more then a inch and a half but less then 2 i'd say. And as for diet what should i feed her?

Less then 2" is pretty young and may not have much for "bushes" yet. Look for a full ring around the tip of the nose and any that start on the upper nose and between the eyes as it matures.

As for feeding they're not picky in my experience. Love blanched zucchini, the occasional meaty treat of frozen foods (I feed bloodworms and brine shrimp to my puffers so that's what my BN gets), shrimp pellets... algae wafers are a MUST, there is not enough algae in your tank to sustain a BN. I like... oh those really popular ones, I'm drawing a blank on the brand right now. Also, make sure you have driftwood in your tank, BN's MUST have driftwood in their diet.

got the wood in there, and i guess the girl gets leftovers fish flakes? If the barbs and kribs dont eat it first. Algae build up was pretty bad before putting her in, but now shes got almost all of it gone. I heard they like lettuces, how would i get that to not float around?

Buy some sinking waffers for the pleco, I wouldn't rely on left over flakes to feed "her".

Also zucchini,lettuce and other veggies can be fed. When I feed zucchini, I stick a fork in it to weigh it down but you can also rubber band them to rocks or use a veggie clip.