Cichlids and Red Tailed Sharks

FishyFishy!

I have a 5" Red tail shark. He is getting aggressive towards other tankmates. I have an 80 gallon with mixed african cichlids in it. Do you think that they would get along? I have read mixed opinions on the internet. He's a pretty big harty shark. I also have clown loaches and a yoyo loach of similar size in there, and they do quite well. I think that the red tail shark would make a great addition to the cichlid tank.

I had the exact same situation with my shark. I had to remove it as he was being far to aggressive in my other tank. He was fine in the tank when the cichlids were smaller( the tank has mixed african mbunas...now they are bigger he is getting picked on by someone. I have my suspicion pointed at one particular fish, not all of them. as I never witness it. His fins are slightly damaged. I think a fair size shark would fare fine in your tank. You could always pull him back out if it was bad. Just a thought.