Name that plant

jewels

This is new ( and unlabeled ) to me. I think I may have figured it out.

And congratulations on furthering your journey toward plantgeekdom FC♀ because you are not allowed to play :tongue:

Mars 5 th

th_P1160649.jpg

Mars 8th same perspective. The leaf on the left is new.

th_P1160664.jpg

This is a high current - high traffic area. Although each new leaf is larger than the last; at three days old it has peaked and begins to diminish.

th_P1160662.jpg

The leaves become huge! Spot the twelve inch pl*co

th_P1160659.jpg

If I can't,,,,,, neither can :flex:

FC♀, not only have you broken the first two rules of Fight Club, you have failed the most basic premise of Geekhood.

The Geek stands alone

It took awhile to figure this one out ( not the geek thing- its written all over FC♀) rather the plant ID. If you have grown this plant well; its obvious. Looking at google images is tougher, as most photo's of this stuff are unalike.

I originally though it was Shinnersia rivularis "Mexican Oak Leaf" - however is not.

Well, if you're going to be that way :chair: (always wanted to use that emoticon)..... Then I'll tell everyone. Drum roll please, the plant is..... Oh crap I can't spell it. Jewels, who loves ya, baby??

Yep. ,,, hard one to ID ,,, rounder lobes than you usually see.

I revisited every stem plant imaginable with no luck. Only when the leaf TIPS started sprouting and rooting I became suspect.

With the high traffic/current there are daughters flaking off all the time.

I have read these will grow emersed. In the spring I will try them in ' the bog '

Take heart FC♀. You can search back and find the unanswered query I posted sometime back. The only difference here is , , , I did not get this one FROM YOU !! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Wisteria?

I have just realized the last photo does indeed show wisteria (Hygrophila difformis)

In fact- everything green in that photo {besides the fern} is wisteria

Sorry about that. In all fairness any points that FC♀ would not have won should, by rights, go to you.